Friday, August 31, 2007

Shut Up and drive..

No I'm not talking about the Rihanna song. That's how I explained to Amy our goals for the last two days when we talked. Up until then I think we had done between 3,000 and 3,500 in all of leg2. Now, starting in Sacramento and ending up here at the hotel we had 2 days and 2000+ miles. Not a problem but unfortunately on the first day we were only able to cover just under 700 miles because of rain, wind, and some unforseen distractions in Nevada .

In order to cover the 1,300 miles we needed to cover we were up and on the road at 4:30am on Thursday from Salt Lake City and headed back to where Rally Central was. The roads were wide open, 70-75mph speed limits and so straight I could have taken a 6hr nap on I-80 across Nebraska.
When all was said and done we had reached Rally Central at 3:30am and even had a chance to sleep in a rest area and grab a few more bonus points as a cushion just in case we lost any points at the table (which I ALMOST did).
My priorities were a bit out of whack when we got back. You see, I checked in, got ready for scoring, took a nap, got scored, and then had a Guiness and Fat Tire. I probably should have had the beverages first ;-) ..
Now I'm going to nap since I'm falling asleep as I typethis, have the rider dinner, and then find out all the standings and listen to some great stories.
More to come later!!

No comments: