Sunday, August 19, 2007

Hurry up and Wait

Today has been pretty relaxing since all of the preliminary work was done yesterday. For me it's been a day of walking around and talking with other riders, looking at their setups, and re-thinking part of my own setup. Yea, I know rule #5 says not to make any changes right before a rally but nobody ever defined "Right Before"

I wasn't crazy about the idea of carrying my Camelback over my shoulders for 11 days. This gets tiring and is a real headache when it comes time to refill it. Yesterday while shopping at REI Amy and I had an idea on getting a smaller bladder and cooler to work with my tail pack so today it was time to see if it would work.

After doing a rough fitting it looked like this would be a MUCH better plan than the initial one so we took to disassembling the old one, fitting and routing the hoses, and finishing up with the new and improved hydration system. Granted, I'm accustomed to 100oz so it will take a little time to get used to half as much water but I think in the long run I'll be in a better position not having to wear one over my shoulder.

Now we just sit around and wait for the riders meeting to start at 2:30 which will be followed by the starting banquet at 5:00.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tony and Karol,

Best of luck in the IB. Please be careful.

Doug S

Anonymous said...

Hey Tony!

Good luck and have fun; we'll be watching your progress :-)

Bret, Kris, Reagan, Carson and Campbell

Anonymous said...

Have a great time and stay awake! I will be tracking you!
Bonnie

Unknown said...

Karol and Tony
I know you both have rested for this so good luck. We'll be keeping tabs
Crol