Saturday, August 18, 2007

The nerves are getting better

Today was a rough day for me. I HATE not being in control of my destiny and that's exactly what today was. With tech and ODO check on the schedule you hope like hell that all of your planning, calculating, and triple checking were good. Did I bring the right paperwork, did I read the rules for insurance requirements correctly, did I cover all my bases?

This day is about hoping that everything is right and that the tech inspectors will pass everything you have done and that all of your paperwork was correct. Tech for me went fairly quickly since I didn't have any extra fuel cells for capacity. I did the filler neck mod on my GS and from a bone dry tank I could get over 10 Gallons in my stock tank so I decided to not compilcate the situation any more by adding a cell.

After the tech and ODO check I went up to Warchild for his blessing to move on to the next step. As luck would have it, instead I got a "Go get the guy that did your tech and the two of you come back here".

Right there I got a big knot in my stomach and I went and got the tech and returned to Warchild with my nerves a mess. It turns out it was just a matter of him putting some initials in some blanks to verify he checked them so it was back to the bike for another look.

Everything checked out and here is Warchild putting his approval sticker on my paperwork. From there it was off to legal for video statements, video interviews, review of paperwork, more review of paperwork, and finally a handshake with Mike Kneebone as he welcomed me to the 2007 IronButt Rally.

When all was said and done the check in process took a whopping 4 1/2 hours long but I was done and could breathe a lot easier.

No comments: